DOG FRIENDLY spring ACTIVITIES
The sun is shining, the bees are buzzing, and the dogs are barking. It’s spring and there’s no better time to plan an adventure with your pup. Here’s how you can enjoy Central Oregon with a four-legged friend during your next stay this season.
BEST TRAILS FOR DOGS
Spring is a perfect time to hike with your pup. The snow has begun to melt and it’s warming up, but it’s not too hot just yet. We love to explore the Painted Hills, Badlands, Cline Butte, and Fall River Trail this time year. Check out DogPAC for a full guide to off and on-leash trails in our area.
DOG PARKS WITH ROOM TO ROAM
Our pups are lucky here in Central Oregon, with plenty of room to roam right inside our city limits. In Bend alone, there are eight off-leash dog areas in our local parks and plenty of trails to explore in the Old Mill District, along the Deschutes River, and more.
Life happens (trust us, we know), here are some options if your dog needs a vet visit or extra care during your stay:
- Bend Animal Emergency Center, Bend (Open 24 Hours/Daily)
- Highland Veterinary Hospital, Redmond (After Hour Emergency Care Available)
- Bend Pet Express, East Side Bend (Food, Treats, Toys)
- Bend Pet Resort, East Side Bend (Boarding/Sitting)
- Deschutes Pet Lodge, Redmond (Boarding/Sitting)